Join E.J. 3-7pm weekdays on Kat 103 for traffic, weather and tons of great country music ... including the 5 O'clock Stomp.
Every day at 5, we roll out a few high-energy tunes for the ride home. We call it the 5 O'clock Stomp.
The 5 O'clock Stomp was born out of my former sax-playin' self when I gigged with the Prairie Cats. The Cats are a hot, not-so-little, 7-piece, swing/jump blues group that you'll find playing quite frequently around Omaha.
Check out the Prairie Cats here in their den ...
I grew up in La Vista. My radio career started when I was in college at UNL. I'm lucky enough to be married to my beautiful wife and have two wonderful children.
Here are some crazy facts about me:
- I have a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- I coach high school hockey
- I can ride a unicycle
- I am the PA announcer for the Omaha Lancers
- I play the saxaphone as a former member of the Prairie Cats
- I went to college on a bowling scholarship
- Magic was a hobby of mine as a kid
- I raised pigeons when I was young
You can e-mail me anytime at EJ@TheKat.com.
Fair season is one of my favorites. We hit them all when I was a kid. Played quite a few with the school band as well.
I've eaten some crazy stuff at the fairs. The deep fried snickers didn't sit too well when it was 97 degrees outside.
I may need to hunt a few of these down this year and give them a try.